Having a meal at The Cheesecake Factory can definitely be considered as a gastronomical and decadent culinary experience especially as each meal features huge servings and unusual menu items like burgers filled with mac & cheese. Besides the main dishes, the restaurant also features extravagant cheesecakes that has over 30 flavors that customers can try, besides the delicious and infamous classic variant.
With surprises like candy, moist cakes, and chocolates inside the already rich, decadent, and sweet cheesecakes, taking a bite can be considered as an adventure on a daily basis. These outrageous and out-of-this-world flavors are the main reasons why customers keep coming back for more. However, before diving in, it is best to understand the structure and constructions of these crazy desserts.
Type of Cheesecake Constructions
- Flavored Cheesecake – besides the cheese and a basic ingredient, flavors are added to the batter, usually chocolate, key lime, or anything under the sun
- Topped Cheesecake – the simplest form, it is described as a classic variant with a twist, either adding sauces, toppings or fruits
- Layered Cheesecake – mousse, thick crusts, ladyfingers, fudge, or the like are added to the classic cheesecake to add height, thickness and proportion to a slice
- Layered Cake-Cheesecake – another variation of the layered cheesecake but with sponge cake layers in between
With all the creative and delicious flavors available, a customer may find himself feeling overwhelmed with all the options but it does not have to be that way. In order to truly understand The Cheesecake Factory menu, one must learn how to narrow down the choices to different types – fruit, chocolate, cake, coffee, or everything in between.
Type of Cheesecake Flavors
- Fruit – the main ingredient is the fruit and will usually be inspired by a classic pie or cake dessert such as the banana cream, pineapple upside down cake, or strawberry shortcake
- Chocolate – a more direct approach, this cheesecake would center the flavor on a favorite chocolate like Snickers, Godiva, or Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- Cake – similar to the fruit, the flavor centers on old classic cake or pie favorites like the chocolate mousse, chocolate cake, chocolate chip cookie dough, and pecan turtle pie.
- Coffee – one of the most sinful creations, the mixture of coffee on any desserts will truly create something that customers will love; case in point, the tiramisu and the Kahlua cocoa coffee.
- Everything in Between – another sinful creation, this is adding up almost anything a customer likes. It is like mixing everything good together to come up with something even better.
Top Five Craziest, Most Outrageous Cheesecake Flavors
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Cheesecake – voted by over 70 percent of customers, this sinful treat is a combination of chocolate fudge cake with salted caramel and pieces of peanut butter cups from Reese’s. Tastes like peanut butter but with gooey caramel and chunks of chocolates, a slice of this cheesecake will send any sweet lover to dessert heaven.
- Chris’ Outrageous Cake – a layered cheesecake with moist chocolate cake as base, toasted coconut with pecan frosting on top, and chewy brownies with creamy coconut-flavored chocolate chip in between. With over 60 percent of votes, the flavor is not only crazy but ridiculously delicious.
- Craig’s Crazy Carrot Cheesecake – similar texture to a carrot cake yet with cheesecake frosting, cream cheese icing, and a toasted almond crust, a slice of this cheesecake will make any carrot lover fall in love with the vegetable, the concept, and the restaurant itself.
- Mango Key Lime Cheesecake – with a key lime flavored cheesecake as base, add in a few swirls of mango, vanilla coconut macaroons crust, and more mango mousse, a slice will send customers to a tropical beach surprise. It is an acquired taste but customers will give two thumbs up for the effort and the creativity.
- Ultimate Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake – as if the red velvet flavor is not yet overrated, the restaurant creates another sinful treat every fashionable customer will love. With alternating layer after layer of dense and decadent red velvet cake, mixed in with the cheesecake batter, and an iced cream cheese frosting, this is truly a match made in heaven.
Mixing, matching, and coming up with over 30 different cheesecake flavors is an intense and risky decision to make but somehow, The Cheesecake Factory was able to make it work. In fact, their experiments and bold move have become their signature dishes that customers, patrons, and curious newbies have learned to love.
So, the next time you come in the restaurant, have a moment to think about the cheesecake flavor you will try. You’ll never know, maybe this time they will make another momentous flavor to add in their already delectable menu.